Thursday, November 26, 2009

Zoho and Web 2.0 awards

I just signed up for my Zoho account, and I've just been messing around with a new document. I was just introduced to Google Docs last fall in grad school, and I was absolutely blown away by the idea that you could create a regular document and have different group members make changes at any time. So I've been familiar with the idea for a while, but I am a huge fan of this technology. I think Google Docs has made some major strides in the past year, and it further along, but both programs are great. They are so useful. And I love how these programs are able to supply similar tools as programs such as Microsoft Word for free. It's amazing, and I totally plan to spread the word. It's fantastic!

As for the Web 2.0 awards list, there were so many awesome sites to explore. I was intrigued by the cocktail builder and hair mixer. I will definitely be going back to those. But there were so many options, which was great.

The site I chose to really explore was Farecast, which actually ended up being Bing.com/travel, when I clicked on the link. I have been a huge fan of Kayak for a long time, so when I saw that Farecast was ranked higher, I had to check it out. It predicts fares and let's customers book tickets, and if the predictions are wrong they provide refunds. So I've just been looking around at this site, checking flight prices for potential days. I've heard about Bing recently, so it's been interesting to look at their services.

No comments:

Post a Comment